Thursday, March 11, 2010

A "Pause" Button

Life should come with one. I can totally deal without any other button. The boys are growing up so quickly, a pause button would truly come in handy. Preston will be playing blastball this Spring, which is basically the precursor to Tee Ball. He enjoys being outside and has amazed us with how much he's learned in the past year. Preston's tow head appears to be getting darker, we'll see what the summer has in store, but I think he's going to have Danny's dark hair. Pierson absolutely adores Preston and copies everything he does. Most of the time, he thinks he's bigger than Preston, and has actually bullied him a little. His rough and tumble lifestyle is completely softened when he sucks that thumb of his. It's time for me to start breaking him of the habit, but I'm enjoying that last little bit of "baby" in him. Lately, it seems the only time I can snuggle him is just before bed, so I'll rock and sing to him for as long as he'll let me.

We took the boys to Wintergreen this winter and Preston tried skiing for the first time. He did great and was mostly fearless. Teaching him with a harness wasn't too difficult, we used the leashes some, but I felt most comfortable with him between my skies. We could actually pick some speed up and tackled a few intermediate slopes. He's already noticed that Danny snowboards, so naturally, he wants to do what daddy does. Pierson was a bit too small to put on sticks this year, so we'll try again next season.

Danny and I are sneaking up on our 10 year wedding anniversary this May. The time slipped by so quickly. We're taking a week long couples trip to Mexico, it will be our first time away from the boys for more than a night. We're looking forward to it, but also looking forward to taking them on some amazing trips too. Everyone has gotten passports, so Pierson just needs to be potty trained before we venture out that far...for now, I'm not complaining about diapers....it means he's still my baby.

No comments: